Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Have Skin Like A French Mademoiselle

Yes, I am fully exploiting the obsession we Americans have with Parisians. I am fully drawn to the French way of doing things--tried and true, minimalistic, and always with a side of wine. That also applies to their skincare routine (save for the wine...maybe?). I have been working in the beauty industry for a few years now and always pare down my routine and try to simplify it. This is exactly why French people's skin looks so damn awesome all of the time. And they smoke like it's going out of style (which it never does, let's be honest)--what's up with that?!

This video of French epidermiologist Isabelle Bellis changed my life last summer. I'm not kidding. No matter how haughty that sounds, you need to check it out for yourself.




After watching this, I fell into a black hole of Amazon-perusing for French skincare products and discovering the effects the Buccal Technique. My time wasted turns into your time earned!..Or something like that. I give you a few basic items you need to have Isabelle Bellis status skin.

Step 1: SPRAY THIS STUFF
Spray this thermal water on your skin--it feels weird and amazing at the same time. And like my girl Isabelle said, it really does prep your skin and make it more soft. I bought a near economy size bottle of this that has lasted me almost a year, so don't be afraid to be liberal with it!


Step 2: CLEANSE THAT SKIN
It depends on what type of skin you have. For a more combination/oily skin, I would recommend a gel cleanser. For a dryer skin, a milky cleanser works best as to not strip skin of moisture. These both are great as they are both very gentle on the skin and look super sleek in your cluttered bathroom.


Step 3: TONE IT UP
Rose water toner is my jam. This is one of my favorite toners ever--it's extremely gentle, smells amazing and you feel so glamorous putting it on after using your oh-so chic cleanser. Maybe spritz that thermal water on one more time because you can.


Step 4: SERUM? YES
Serums are often overlooked, but I feel they make a world of difference when used. It depends on your skin type as they have many for certain conditions: rosacea, acne, hormonal, anti-aging, etc. This one, however, is quite universal. It has anti-aging effects, but it can be used by an 18 year old (who's buying this at 18, though? Can I join your family?). It brings luminosity to dull skin and also has salicylic acid in it, which is great for blemishes and oil control. 


Step 5: MOISTURIZE.
One of my favorite moisturizers. Any skin type can use it and it never feels heavy. It is pricey, but a little bit goes a long way and it's basically the best thing ever. Would you ever want to deprive your skin of the best thing ever? I think not.


Step 6: GO TO SLEEP/GET OUT OF YOUR HOUSE

You're done! It's not quite the Korean beauty routine, but you might have added a step or three from this regimen. These products are gentle enough so they shouldn't irritate you. But if they do, I'm sorry. You just spent a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment